My favorite block

My favorite block
Spinning Snowball block

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Successes

   It was a beautiful day to drive to Houston for my quilt class.  Max at Quilter's Emporium did a wonderful job introducing the Irish Mist quilt from The Quilt Branch.  I went through my stash yesterday and pulled out all the greens I had at least 1/2 yard of.  I had enough for all my blocks except for the 3 borders and my light fabric.  I thought for once I was going to make a quilt without any purple in it, but it is not to be.  I found a beautiful fabric - "Iridescence" designed by Linda M. Poole for Avlyn.  It had just the faintest lavender hearts in it, so I chose a deeper purple to make the one inch middle border.
    We made the flying geese blocks using Stitching Lines from Marin & Colusa.  You use one big square and 4 small squares and sew on the stitching line paper to make 4 flying geese blocks at a time.  It was incredibly easy and no wasted fabric.   All mine came out nearly perfect.  The class continues next week.  For homework I need to cut out the rest of my fabric, and sew steps 1 through 12.  There are 58 steps in this quilt so I doubt I'll finish next week.
     I've got two more baby quilts to finish this week.  I also need to get started on my strip club project and the first three months of the Michael Miller Clubhouse.  April will be the last Clubhouse and Strip Club I'll be able to attend until July due to school commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment