My favorite block

My favorite block
Spinning Snowball block

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break Fun

I got a lot of quilting done over Spring Break.  After finishing my two baby quilts, I loaded up my bag full of all the quilting projects I worked on in 2010 and drove to Austin to visit my friend Mary.  I had started a Christmas Cactus pillow for her for Christmas and finally finished the back of it on Tuesday evening.  She loved it and kept holding it the whole day while we caught up on everything since last we visited two years ago.  She is my biggest fan for my quilting.  When I saw this pattern in McCall's online bonuses it just shouted her name.  She moved to near Taos, New Mexico after retirement and is an artist herself.  I really miss her!  She is also my Harry Potter buddy.


Thursday my friend came over and helped to start to organize my quilt room.  My husband also put in another shelf in my closet.  I got a lot of my stash folded  neatly and put away.  I plan to work on it a little each day until I have my whole stash organized.  Then maybe I can find the fabric I'm looking for when I have a project to do.  I bought some new archive quality photo storage boxes to use for my fat quarters too. 

Friday I took a split rail fence class from Taylor Phillips at the Cedar Chest in El Campo.  I took the class so I could try to get to know other local quilters, but unfortunately I was the only one in the class.  I had fun sewing all day and visiting with Taylor and Ginni from the shop.  I got all my strips pieced and cut into blocks at the shop.  Ginni and I made tentative plans to meet at the shop some Saturdays and work on the blocks from The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book.

Saturday and today I worked on finishing my split rail fence quilt.  I used two sets of Bali Pops.  I have 12 out of 14 rows done.  I'll post a picture when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment