My favorite block

My favorite block
Spinning Snowball block

Monday, March 21, 2011

2nd quilt done

baby quilt 2
baby quilt 1
I finished my second quilt with my self-titled "ugly" block late Friday night.  Took both quilts to show and tell at Strip Club at Quilter's Emporium.  Now I just have to put together the backing and decide whether to quilt them myself or give to the long-armer.

Two members brought old quilt tops that their grandmothers had pieced.  They were beautiful and unique.  One was a T block the other two were unknown patterns.

This month's strip project looked quite uninteresting when merely viewing the bolts of pale batiks.  But once Max added a textured, interesting black accent fabric and a 6 inch wide outer border, it turned out very interesting.  The accent fabric was directional, so I don't think my skill level is up to that yet.
March strip quilt by Max


But I do have some interesting other black prints that I think will do as well.  I LOVE piecing with black!





No comments:

Post a Comment