My favorite block

My favorite block
Spinning Snowball block

Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Work

The first day back at work after the holiday went pretty smooth.  I took short little walks and refilled my water cup between classes.  I ate a healthy turkey sub lunch from Subway and didn't even take a taste of the coke my husband brought.  Yes, my wonderful husband brings me lunch nearly every day (if he's not playing golf).  After school I walked for 20 minutes around the halls.

Tonight I had hoped to finish my quilting project.  Unfortunately, I sewed the last 2 sides of the last border on without first sewing the strip to the pieced border.  I know what I'll be doing during lunch tomorrow....... the ever loved task of ripping.

I used up 4 yards of fabric from my stash in this project, but I got in an online order of fabric today.  Does it count tht I ordered it in 2010?

After work I spent a couple hours looking at all the new BOM's for 2011.  I like going to the Golden Thimble newsletter because she has all the BOMs neatl organized in a linked table.  If you haven't seen it, try it out at http://www.thegoldenthimble.com/  

She also has a new BOM herself that will combine piecing, applique, and embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment