My favorite block

My favorite block
Spinning Snowball block

Monday, November 26, 2012

Ring Toss by Swirly Girls

Today I attended a class at Quilter's Emporium taught by Rose Ann Cook on the Ring Toss pattern designed by the Swirly Girls using the Creative Grids Circle Savvy Ruler.  It is a wonderful ruler and so easy to use.  You can cut any size circle from 3" to 15 1/2 " easily.  Quilter's Emporium has both the pattern and the ruler available.

I pulled fabrics from my stash to use.  I wanted it to be bright and cheery.  I haven't decided on the final layout yet, but here are some of the layouts I've tried so far.  We cut 3 different sizes of circles.  I could just arrange them the way the Swirly Girls did on the pattern, but I never follow a pattern exactly.  I like to put my own stamp on any project I do.  I'll leave it up on my design wall for awhile and see what ultimately appeals to me (and my design consultant /husband).  He likes the second layout better because he says each of the 3 circles of the same fabric form a triangle.  He is a very linear person to the extent that he uses a level, a yardstick and a string to trim our box hedges.  Our box hedges truly look like boxes.














Traffic was horrible today.  I guess everyone was going home from Thanksgiving and back to college.  The lead car in both lanes was of course going 5-10 miles under the speed limit so I just sat back and listen to my Spenser novel on cd.  Listening to books keeps me much more alert than listening to the radio.  Another secret I've discovered is that eating an apple keeps you more alert and awake than either water or caffeine.  

Have a wonderful last Monday of November!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment