My favorite block

My favorite block
Spinning Snowball block

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Quilting in Branson

Quirky Quilters,

As I began planning our next travel adventure, I thought of our last journey to Branson, Missouri in December.  While we were there, we got to see the fabulous Billy Dean.  He presented a wonderful show, full of Faith, Family, Friends & Fun.  His show left us feeling uplifted and joyous.  If you ever have a chance to see him and his band, you won't be disappointed.

Another fun adventure for me while there was the recently relocated Quilts & Quilts - The Fabric Shoppe.  It was a huge shop filled with every kind of fabric imaginable, batting, patterns, quilt decorative objects, and much more.  If you are in the area, it is definitely worth a visit.  I found some batiks there that coordinated with the quilt I was making for my husband for Christmas.  It was the perfect fabric to add a star border at the top and bottom, and a solid border down the sides.

Husband enjoying Christmas quilt 2016


3500 Gretna Rd.  next to The Shoppes at Branson Meadows
Quilts & Quilts, Branson, Missouri

Quilts & Quilts painted window
























Branson Mills  is another fun place to visit.  It is full of every kind of hand-crafted items from local artists and provides tasty teas, coffees, cookies and ice creams as well.

The Shoppes at Branson Meadows is nearby as well.  They offer a variety of outlet stores and a movie theater as well.  I often find discounted clothes, shoes, kitchen equipment.  My husband finds tools and items "as seen on TV" there.

If you've seen everything you want to in Branson and still have that quilting fever, you  might want to drive a little north to Springfield.  There you will find Merrily We Quilt Along offering a variety of fabrics, kits, embroidery patterns, and long arm quilting supplies.

Quilt on!

just J

No comments:

Post a Comment