My favorite block

My favorite block
Spinning Snowball block

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Placemats

I found some fabulous fabric on the Quilt Across Texas shop hop.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which shop I got it at.  Fortunately, I bought enough fabric to make six placemats for my friend.  Her birthday is the week before Christmas and it's difficult to think of a non-Christmasy gift to give to her for her birthday.  She loves brown and turquoice/teal though so I think she'll like these placemats.  Here's a close-up of the fabrics I used.  It's a quilt as you go project that I learned at the Cedar Chest.  I just have to bind them and they'll be done.

I'm also making two sets of Christmas placemats and a tablerunner using the same technique.  I've just barely started them although I do have all the strips, backings, batting and bindings cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment